Regular attendance, in addition to be federally mandated, is critical to the success of your student in our school community. We want all of our students to reach their full potential, and we ask that parents and guardians encourage their student(s) to regularly attend classes so that they can build a strong foundation as they move toward independence.
Repeated absences and tardies are reported to the LBL ESD attendance officer. Any student absence longer than 10 school days requires that the school withdraw that student from school, and the information is reported to the state.
Excusing an Absence
- Parents/guardians are asked to call the Cheldelin Middle School attendance line at (541) 757-5970 before 9:15 AM on the day of the absence
- Parent/guardian can also leave a note at the main office prior to the day of the absence
- When excusing your student’s absence, please include:
- your name and relationship to the student
- student’s full name
- date and time of the absence
- reason for the absence
- phone number where you can be reached
In order to protect the learning environment, please plan ahead to avoid unannounced or last-minute pick-up. In addition, please contact the school prior to your planned pick-up time so that your student will be ready to be picked up in the office. Parents/guardians must notify the office if someone else will be picking up the student.