Schedule for the week of December 9
Upcoming Dates to Consider
- December 10 —Beginning Band Concert 7 PM CMS Cafeteria
- December 11—December DineOut at Monroe Avenue Chipotle 5-9 PM
- December 13—iPads left at school for updates
- December 20-January 3—NO SCHOOL WINTER BREAK (school resumes January 6th)
Lost and Found
We have postponed the donation of our unclaimed lost and found items until Winter Break. There are lunchboxes, books, water bottles, glasses, articles of clothing and more, so if your student is missing anything, please check or have them check before we close for Winter Break. The last day of school in December is Thursday, the 19th.
Next Wednesday, December 11th, please join us for the first DineOut of the 2019-202 school year. The Chipotle Mexican Grill located at 2501 NW Monroe Avenue has generously agreed to donate 33% of their proceeds between 5 and 9 pm.
Be sure to either print the attached flyer or take a picture of it with your phone to show the cashier, and let them know you are dining in support of Cheldelin!
Impact Cheldelin Results and Thanks
Thank you, Cheldelin community, for supporting IMPACT Cheldelin this year! We are happy to announce that we raised over $12,700, which your CPTO will put to great use to provide support and opportunities for Cheldelin students and classrooms. In addition, our students volunteered 140 hours during IMPACT Cheldelin. Nice work, Cougars! Thank you to EVERYONE who volunteered during IMPACT Cheldelin, including Martha Ahrendt, Jennifer Barrington- Gallup, Cori & Darren Bland, Kris Denning, Maria Dubose, Angie Escobar, Kelly Guenther, Lisa Hoogesteger, Lynn Humphrey, Jane Humphreys, Katie McQuillan, Lon McQuillan, Kirsten Miller, Melissa Miller, Julie Mitchell, Jolie Richard, Stephanie Swenson, Alisha Thoma, Elizabeth Who, Corvallis Public Schools Foundation staff, and Cheldelin teachers and office aides. I apologize if anyone was left off the list!
In addition, thank you to WinCo, Yogurt Extreme, Enchanted Forest, OMSI, Bullwinkle’s Family Fun Center, OSU Athletics, OSU Football, and the Smith family for their generous donations.
Change in CPTO Meeting Dates
Due to various conflicts, we are changing the December CPTO meeting date to Monday, December 16th, from 7:00- 8:00 pm, in the Cheldelin Library.
Starting in January of 2020, CPTO meetings will move to the second Tuesday of every month, from 7:00-8:00pm, in the Cheldelin Library. Meetings dates are as follows:
Monday, January 13th
Monday, February 10th
Monday, March 16th
Monday, April 13th
Monday, May 11th
Monday, June 8th
Shop and make money for Cheldelin
1. BOX TOPS for Education: Earning money for Cheldelin with Box Tops is easier than ever! Box Tops is changing from clipping logos off boxes, to scanning your store receipts with the “Box Tops for Education” MOBILE APP! All you have to do is download the “Box Tops for Education” MOBILE APP to your phone, then scan your store receipts to instantly add Box Tops to Cheldelin’s earnings online. You can still clip your Box Tops to turn in to the Box Tops bin in the Cheldelin office!
2. First Alternative Co-op: Round up at the First Alternative Co-Op! Our hometown natural foods store, First Alternative Co-Op has brought back their “round up for education” program. Every time you shop at the Co-op, consider rounding up your purchase and tell the cashier to apply the funds to Cheldelin Middle School!
3. Fred Meyer: You can earn money for Cheldelin by shopping at Fred Meyer with your Rewards card! All you have to do is link your Fred Meyer Rewards card to Cheldelin Middle School – follow the easy directions here: https:// www.fredmeyer.com/topic/community-rewards-4
December Tasting Tables Featuring Broccoli!
Mark your calendars! At the December Tasting Table (December 11th and 12th), students at your school will have the chance to try locally grown Broccoli in a Broccoli Craisin Salad! Be sure to ask your child how they liked it.
If you’d like to learn more about Oregon Broccoli, check out the Food Hero Newsletter here:
If you have questions about the Corvallis Farm to School program, please contact McKenzie Rakes (McKenzie@CorvallisEnvironmentalCenter.org), Farm to School Coordinator. —– ¡Mesas de Degustación para Diciembre Presentando el Brócoli!
¡Marque su calendario! ¡En la Mesa de Degustación para Diciembre (11 y 12 de Diciembre), los estudiantes en su es- cuela tendrán la oportunidad de probar brócoli crecido localmente, en una ensalada de brocoli con arándanos! Aseg- úrese de preguntarle a su hijo/a si le gusto.
Si quieren aprender más sobre el brócoli de Oregon, miren el boletín de Food Hero aquí:
Si tienen preguntas sobre el programa de Corvallis Farm to School, por favor de contactar a McKenzie Rakes (McKenzie@CorvallisEnvironmentalCenter.org), coordinadora de Farm to School.
Community flyers are shared on the Corvallis School District website! Learn about programs, sports, and opportunities in our community. Click the button below to find the most recent community flyers!