Schedule for the week of November 4
Upcoming Dates to Consider
- November 11—NO SCHOOL Veterans Day Holiday
- November 21—Advanced & Intermediate Band Concert 7 PM CMS Cafeteria
- November 27-29—NO SCHOOL Thanksgiving Break
Grading Changes for 2019-2020 School Year
This school year there will be a slight change to our grade reporting practices at the middle school level.
- Quarter progress grades will not be mailed home. This information will be available online through the Gradebook parent portal.
- Report cards will be mailed home at the end of first semester (mid February) and the end of the school year (mid June).
- Only semester grades will be entered onto student transcripts.
- Semester 1 grades will be based on 50% first quarter and 50% second quarter and then semester 2 grades will be based on 50% third quarter and 50% fourth quarter.
This means that class grades are cumulative but students get a “fresh start” at the beginning of the second and fourth quarters. The first and second quarter progress grades will be averaged to generate the first semester final grade, and the third and fourth quarter progress grades will be averaged to generate the second semester final grade. For exam- ple: 1st quarter math grade: 85% B, 2nd quarter math grade 95% A, First semester Grade = 90% A.
- First and third quarter grades will NOT be locked so teachers will have the ability to adjust for late assignments and retakes after those quarters end. In addition, first quarter this year is 8 weeks and second quarter is 10 weeks, based on the district created calendar, so some assignments/assessments to start second quarter might be added to first quarter to allow teachers to balance the quarters.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Mr. Bland if you have any questions or concerns.
Woodworking Camp For 6th Grade Girls
Ms. Burwell is offering her popular Women of the Woods (WOW) after school woodworking course again this year.
See the attached flyer for details.
6th Grade Exploratory Rotation Changes Monday, 11/4/19
Students currently in STEAM will move to Digital Media with Mr. Callis in room 6.
Students currently in Digital Media will move to Speech with Ms. Tessier in room 37.
Students currently in Speech will move to Theater with Ms. Wieland in room 29.
Students currently in Theater will move to STEAM with Ms. Burwell in room 33.
Community flyers are shared on the Corvallis School District website! Learn about programs, sports, and opportunities in our community. Click the button below to find the most recent community flyers!